Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kohlrabi!

So, this was my first adventure with kohlrabi...and I must say, I quite liked it! As far as peeling the kohlrabi goes...well, I think I did it right. Who knows.

Here's the original Kohlrabi Slaw recipe:

2 small kohlrabi, peeled and shredded
1 cup radish, shredded (or chopped small)
1 Tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbs fresh parsley, minced
2 Tbs olive oil

Combine last four ingredients, then toss with veggies.
Let chill at least a couple hours to let flavors combine. This makes a nice small batch--perhaps three or four side servings.

Now, my confession: I didn't exactly follow this recipe. OK, I hardly followed it at all. I didn't have enough radish, so I made up the difference with shredded carrot. And I only had red wine vinegar, so I used that. And I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used fresh thyme.

And it was tasty! Very thyme-y, in a good way.

1 comment: