Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Banana Carrot Muffins

Cruising through my recipes and I ran across these muffins. Yum! They are delicious (and more or less healthy). How could I have gone so long without making them? I may have to rectify this soon.

Combine:
1 ½ c. flour (I use 50/50 wheat/white)
¾ c. sugar*
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg

Set aside.

2 eggs, separated
Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.

Beat egg yolks until light and lemon-colored, then mix in
1 Tbs. honey
¼ tsp orange peel
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. shredded carrot (2 lg.)
½ c. unsweetened applesauce (*regular is ok; just use less sugar)

Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened, then fold in egg whites. Do not over mix.
Sling into muffin cups or greased muffin tins, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Then eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment